Pesto Buttermilk Dressing
A good dressing is hard to beat; a great one is brilliant. We love a tangy blend of buttermilk and Greek yogurt. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Refrigerate 1 hour. Just before serving, shake dressing again.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 50 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Dec 5, 2014
This reminded me of a pesto ranch, except the fat-free greek yogurt made it low in fat and calories. I really enjoyed this dressing, especially with the rainbow veggie salad.