- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Spread with preserves. Sprinkle with remaining oat mixture; gently press down.
- Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 16 bars.
Reviews forOatmeal Apricot Squares
"This was very good. I made some changes. I decreased the sugar to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 cup applesauce (natural unsweetened). I decreased the butter to 1/4 cup and added 1/4 cup coconut oil. I also used a very thin layer of the jam and it was enough. You don't really need a lot."
"I had to use almost a whole jar of apricot preserves. 3/4 cup was not enough to cover the 8 x 8 pan. It wasn't very tasty."