Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups fat-free milk or water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place milk and salt in a large saucepan; bring just to a boil. Stir in oats; cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 284 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2016
This recipe is not nearly as sweet as most oatmeal recipes, but with the peanut butter, less sweet seems to work. I had overripe bananas to use up, so I added them to the pan with the liquid, and they ended up smooth and creamy, distributed throughout the oatmeal.
Jan 30, 2013
I tried to make this from memory. Well, my memory is not good...lol!! Next time I will look at the reciepe first. Didn't put enough liquid in it.