Warren’s Oatmeal Jam Squares
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless raspberry jam or jam of your choice
- 4 whole graham crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix melted butter and vanilla; add to oat mixture, stirring until crumbly. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture onto bottom of a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Spread jam over top to within 1/2 in. of edges. Add crushed graham crackers to reserved topping; sprinkle over jam.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 220 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 161mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
May 6, 2020
These are yummy. They turned out great. I used strawberry rhubarb jam as I did not have any raspberry jam and the 4 graham crackers crushed equals ½ cup graham crumbs. Very easy to make.
Jul 28, 2019
Have made this multiple times and it always comes out perfect. Delicious!!
May 26, 2018
This was very delicious and easy to make! Perfect as is!
May 26, 2018
I wonder if you could add PB too? Might be delicious. Also Kitty63 mentioned cinnamon graham crackers, that would be great too!!
Mar 10, 2018
These are delicious! Very simple recipe, too. I used cinnamon graham crackers in the topping because I thought it would taste wonderful with the raspberry filling. I think I was right! Thank you, Warren!
Feb 17, 2018
Delicious, quick and easy. Adding graham crackers to the topping is a great idea.I added a couple teaspoons of lemon juice to some homemade strawberry jam to thin it a bit and give it some extra tang. Limitless options for the jam filling. I'd like to try KristineChayes' idea to add spice to the crumbs.
Jul 22, 2017
These bars are wonderful. This is a favorite with my boys!
Apr 11, 2017
Really easy and yummy
Sep 4, 2016
These were very easy to make and very tasty. I like the addition of the graham cracker crumbs. It's fun to vary up the recipe by changing out the flavor of jam.
Jul 25, 2016
Thank you Warren, I had to make these for my husband as his name is Warren. I followed the recipe exactly. These were the easiest most delicious bars ever. Thanks again Warren and keep baking.