Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, butter and lemon zest. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Make a well in the center of each; add jam. Spoon remaining batter over jam. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 30, 2018
Really good. I added 2 tsp. of jam in each muffin. I used chokecherry jam.
Sep 4, 2016
Pretty good! I added 1/2 t cinnamon. I also sprinkled the tops with granola (next time I might try coarse sugar). I also would add just a little more jam...maybe a full teaspoon for each muffin. All in all, a good muffin and one you could experiment with (orange zest, different jams, etc.) PS I used plum preserves and they were excellent!