Blackberry Fruit Muffins
Take advantage of delicious summer blackberries by adding them to these muffins. They are very easy to prepare and disappear as soon as they are served.—Candy Woelk, Lexington, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- Honey, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well. Beat in milk and vanilla until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Combine 1-3/4 cups flour, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until combined (batter will be thick). Toss blackberries with the remaining flour until coated; fold into batter.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at until muffins are golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Serve warm with honey if desired.