- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs; add milk, butter and lemon zest. Pour into dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Spoon half of the batter into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Make a well in the center of each; add jam. Spoon remaining batter over jam. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden.
1 each: 197 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
May 30, 2018
Really good. I added 2 tsp. of jam in each muffin. I used chokecherry jam.
Sep 4, 2016
Pretty good! I added 1/2 t cinnamon. I also sprinkled the tops with granola (next time I might try coarse sugar). I also would add just a little more jam...maybe a full teaspoon for each muffin. All in all, a good muffin and one you could experiment with (orange zest, different jams, etc.) PS I used plum preserves and they were excellent!