Grandma’s Onion Squares
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir until softened, 8-10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until deep golden brown, 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in milk just until moistened. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; top with onions.
- Combine egg and sour cream; spread over onion layer. Bake until golden brown, 35-40 minutes. Cut into squares. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Dec 27, 2019
The nice one grandma-s-onion-squares recipes. I'm happy to read this recipes details, I will try it. If You Want to THIS ONE POST hIGH IN GOOGLE YOU CAN DO SOME TECHNIQUE. HERE - https://www.digitalhikes.com/rank-high-in-google-search-engine.html
Dec 4, 2019
would onion squares be ok to serve with christmas dinner as a side dish?