Grandma’s Cinnamon Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°), divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/4 to 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1/2 teaspoon sugar in 1/4 cup warm water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the remaining sugar and water, butter, egg, salt and 1-1/2 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine topping ingredients; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan; set aside. Combine filling ingredients; set aside.
- Punch dough down and turn onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 15x8-in. rectangle; spread filling over dough. Roll up from the long side. Seal seam. Slice into 15 rolls; place with cut side down over topping. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30-45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; invert pan onto a serving plate.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Nov 28, 2019
We all have hoped we could find the Cinnamon Roll that our Mothers made, this recipe comes the closest. ENJOY!!
Jun 11, 2012
So good! This recipe is just about perfect.
Jun 30, 2011
These were really fluffy and delicious cinnamon rolls. I didn't have whipping cream, so I substituted with vanilla icecream. In order to compesate for the extra sweet in the icecream, I reduced the brown sugar to 2/3 cups. The brown sugar-ice cream sauce was a really nice touch. Next time, I will hopefully have whipping cream handy and try it according to the original recipe. I will definately add this to my favorite list and make again.