Grandma’s Christmas Spice Cutouts
Total TimePrep: 1 hour 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 2 cups molasses
- 2 cups dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup shortening, melted
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 10 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon powdered star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Combine the first five ingredients. Whisk together remaining ingredients; add to molasses mixture and mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into desired shapes with floured 2-in. cookie cutters; place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 109 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 17, 2018
Yum! These cookies have just the right spice/sweet taste. This recipe makes a ton of cookies - perfect if you need to take something with you to a party or to wrap up and give as a gift.