Pumpkin and Walnut Squares
The buttery crust and crumb topping plus the creamy pumpkin filling make this a popular dessert at potlucks. Try it with whipped cream, ice cream or all by its yummy self. —Ruth Beller, Sun City, California
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix flour, sugar and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Reserve 1 cup mixture for topping; press remaining mixture onto bottom and halfway up sides of a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat remaining ingredients just until smooth. Pour into crust; sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake until golden brown, 50-55 minutes. Cool slightly on a wire rack. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold. If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 square: 221 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 139mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Squares in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.