Pumpkin Walnut Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, divided use
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Set aside 1/2 cup cake mix for filling. In a small bowl, combine the oil, 1 egg and remaining cake mix. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup walnuts.
- In a large bowl, combine the pumpkin, milk, vanilla, salt, cinnamon, reserved cake mix and remaining eggs. Pour over crust; sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 20, 2016
These were simple to make and my husband really enjoys them
Nov 8, 2012
I also substituted pecans because I like the combination of pumpkin and pecans. So delicious! It took every ounce of my being not to eat the whole pan!
Oct 27, 2012
I have made this twice, once for my churches coffee bar & for a party. Both time it was gobbled up with yummy sounds., It's sure a keeper at my house.
Nov 7, 2011
I don't even like pumpkin...but I think these are so yummy!
Oct 27, 2011
I made this recipe over the weekend. My husband took some to work with him and said his co-workers licked up the bars in a second!
Oct 17, 2011
I sprinkled cinnamon sugar over the top, and used pecans, because I am allergic to walnuts. I have already had 2 co-workers ask for the recipe! It's a real taste of fall!