Hazelnut Cake Squares
When one of my daughters is asked to bring a dish to a church function, a birthday party or any special occasion, they ask me for this recipe. It is so easy to prepare because it starts with a cake mix. It doesn't need icing, so it is great for bake sales, too. —Brenda Melancon, McComb, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup Nutella
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup brickle toffee bits, optional
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water, Nutella and oil; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fold in chocolate chips, hazelnuts and, if desired, toffee bits. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 280 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as "Hazelnut Cake Squares" in Holiday 13x9 2016