No-Bake Strawberry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf (10-1/2 ounces) angel food cake, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened whole strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups cold 1% milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Chopped fresh strawberries, optional
- Arrange cake cubes in a single layer in a 13x9-in. dish. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries. Pour over cake and gently press cake down. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over gelatin layer. Spread with whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chopped fresh strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 92 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Jul 24, 2019
Found this recipe in 2008 and have made it month after month. Family loves it and if you're dieting or just needing low sugar desserts, this is the treat to eat!!!
May 10, 2014
May 9, 2014
Just a question. Do I use the juice from the thawed berries or do I discard it? I am reading the comments about the "globs". If I were to use fresh strawberries, would I need to add water to the gelatin mix? Sounds wonderful and I want to make ASAP. Thanks to anyone who can clarify this for me. Have to rate to post this comment. I am sure it will be five stars based on previous reviews.
May 8, 2014
Jul 8, 2013
Dessert was a HUGE hit for my 4th of July party! Made a few "less healthy" changes per husband's request - used 13.5 oz. round angel food cake (couldn't find loaf), 2 small pkgs regular strawberry jello, 2 cups half & half instead of 1% milk, 1 small pkg vanilla inst. pudding. Will make again!!
Jun 29, 2013
Easy and taste great! Everyone asks for the recipe at our gatherings and are especially surprised at how easy it is to make.
Apr 8, 2013
Sep 25, 2012
family and all who taseted it loved it. it disappeared fast ,had to make it again today as family requested it. very good. Marian
Aug 9, 2012
My grand daughters and I made this at camp. Very easy, icy cold, everyone loved it.
Jul 19, 2012
I have now made this several times, varying the fruit (and flavour of gelatin). It is very popular with my guests and family. One of my favourite combinations is to use frozen mixed berries in combination with raspberry gelatin, and using fresh raspberries as garnish on top of the dessert. Excellent recipe!