Creamy and crunchy, this delightful dish is loaded with popular salad ingredients such as green pepper, green onions, frozen peas and bacon. It’s a colorful accompaniment to Mom’s spaghetti. —Anne Halfhill, Worthington, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup each chopped green pepper, celery and green onions
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed and patted dry
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a large salad bowl, layer the lettuce, spinach, green pepper, celery, green onions and peas. Spread with mayonnaise. Combine the cheeses; sprinkle cheeses and bacon over mayonnaise. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 418 calories, 38g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 847mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as 7 Layer Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.