- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, summer savory, tarragon and thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the oil, broth, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and seasonings. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate overnight, turning bag once or twice. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for rare, a meat thermometer should read 140°; medium, 160°;well-done, 170°). Turn once and baste with 1/4 cup reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Let tenderloin stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with the remaining reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMustard-Herb Grilled Tenderloin
" I checked it out! Looks good . I would try it on pork since that is what I like best!Thanks for posting.
"This was such a hit with family and company, it is being requested over and over. The second time I made it I used herbs de provance in place of the herbs listed. Wonderful!"