- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 3/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 8 cups water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 beef tenderloin steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, mustard, milk, vinegar, horseradish, sugar, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add asparagus; cover and boil for 3 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cover and refrigerate.
- Rub steaks with garlic; discard garlic. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Lightly oil the grill rack.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- On four serving plates, arrange the greens, tomatoes and asparagus. Thinly slice beef; place over salad. Drizzle with dressing.
1 each: 259 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 610mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable.