Mom’s Favorite Olive Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties, indenting the center slightly.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet; cook burgers over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olives, Miracle Whip and mustard. Serve burgers on buns with olive mixture. If desired, top with feta cheese and lettuce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 2 tablespoons olive mixture: 425 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 27, 2019
Delicious. The burgers were juicy and tasty. The olive dressing (used Hellmans not Miracle Whip) was awesome. My husband is not a dressing kind of guy. Usually prefers his burgers plain with ketchup and mustard. He LOVED the olive dressing. I love Feta so I mixed it into the olive mayo dressing and it worked!! Thank you for a yummy recipe...........
May 6, 2019
Delicious. I love the idea of seasoning the meat with soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce before cooking it; that's something I do, too. It just adds some oomph! This burger is great! Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. If you don't like olives, the basic burger recipe is good, swap out the toppings for your favorites.