Mom’s Favorite Olive Burgers
When she was in her 80s, my mom would reminisce about olive burgers at Coney Island. I used her instructions to make one and ended up pleasing both of us. —Lorraine Hickman, Lansing, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives with pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, optional
- Bibb lettuce leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, combine beef, soy sauce, Worcestershire, garlic powder and onion powder, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties, indenting the center slightly.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet; cook burgers over medium heat until a thermometer reads 160°, 4-6 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine olives, Miracle Whip and mustard. Serve burgers on buns with olive mixture. If desired, top with feta cheese and lettuce.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 burger with 2 tablespoons olive mixture: 425 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 837mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Originally published as Mom's Favorite Olive Burger in Taste of Home April/May 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.