Mock Filet Mignon
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 bacon strips
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, rice, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Shape into six round patties. Wrap a strip of bacon around each patty; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- Place in an ungreased shallow baking dish. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 379 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Jan 27, 2015
I made this with ground venison, and they were rather dry. Could be due to the next to zero fat content in the meat. I didnt add the salt either, i try not to use salt, but in this case it needed it. Thought the saltiness of the bacon would have been enough, I was wrong. All those things were of my doing, and have no influence on my decision to give this dish a lowly 3 star, that is based on the fact that bacon NEVER began to crisp up even after 30 minutes in the oven. If it would have even a tiny bit cripsy, I would have been rather pleased with this dish. Would recommend (if using venison) to add a bit of oil to the meat, and dont leave out the salt.