- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, molasses and vanilla. Add zucchini; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and baking powder; stir into zucchini mixture just until moistened. Stir in nuts.
- Transfer to two greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forMini Zucchini Bread
"This has a very good flavor. I like that it only made two small loaves since it is now just two of us. I left out the nuts since I would rather not have them in my bread. Will continue to use this recipe when I have too much zucchini."
"I have made these mini breads ever since I found the recipe in my yearly cookbook. I make about 20 every Christmas to be shipped to friends and family, they rave about them and can't wait for the next year to roll around. I make them every November for the Election Day bake Sale held in my apt building and they sell out quickly. I get coments about the taste and people make a game out of guessing what's in them that makes them dark and I'm not telling because I have the market cornered at the sale for Zucchini bread. I sometimes add pecans or walnuts and even dark chocolate chips to them and they come out great every time. I'm very thankful to the person who shared the recipe with Taste of Home."
"I haven"t made this recipe yet...what are the baking instructions for "mini" loaves? The one's you have here are regular loaf pans."