The original recipe for this entree came from my grandmother, who baked it in the oven. Today, the fish, which has a pleasant lemon-and-herb flavor, cooks quickly in the microwave. My family has always raved about it.—Gloria A. Warczak, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Recipes You Can Make in a Microwave
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds cod or haddock fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Pepper to taste
- Place the fillets in an ungreased 11x7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and cook on high for 6 minutes; drain. Add wine or broth, lemon juice, lemon peel, chives, parsley, tarragon and pepper.
- Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Microwaved Cod in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p21
Reviews forMicrowaved Cod
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 13, 2010
"I thought it tasted fine, but my husband said it was too rubbery for him."