- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired.
1 filled chicken breast half: 328 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.