Microwaved Chicken Kiev
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons butter, chives, garlic powder and pepper; shape into four cubes. Cover and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, flatten chicken breast halves to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a butter cube in the center of each. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the cornflakes, cheese, parsley and paprika. Melt remaining butter. Dip chicken into butter; coat evenly with cornflake mixture. Place seam side down in a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 5-6 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and a thermometer reads 170°. Remove toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with pan drippings if desired.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 filled chicken breast half: 328 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2014
OMG! This recipe was absolutely amazing. It cooked perfectly. I loved that it was a microwaveable recipe, because it's perfect for warm days. My hubby loves kiev, and I hate the freezer pre-made ones. I grow chives, and this was a good use of them. The crust was surprisingly crispy, which I didn't expect. I already have made this twice, and can't wait to make it for guests! LOVE LOVE LOVE.
Mar 16, 2012
I always have a difficult time getting the butter sauce to stay inside the chicken whenever I make Chicken Kiev. It always leaks out, eventhough I fold the sides in! I baked it in the oven instead as I'm not big on how microwaves cook. I will try it again!
Jan 29, 2012
The recipe is good but something about cooking meat in the microwave doesn't sound appealing so I baked it.
Jan 21, 2012
I made it for the first time and loved it. I will make it again.Darlene Hofer