Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 envelope (2-3/4 ounces) seasoned chicken coating mix
- Combine the butter, onion, parsley, garlic powder, tarragon and pepper. Shape mixture into six pencil-thin strips about 2 in. long; place on waxed paper. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes. Flatten each chicken breast to 1/4 in. Place one butter strip in the center of each chicken breast. Fold long sides over butter; fold ends up and secure with a toothpick. In a bowl, beat egg and milk; place coating mix in another bowl. Dip chicken, then roll in coating mix. Place chicken, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. Remove toothpicks before serving. Microwave Directions (timing based on a 1100-watt oven): Place chicken in a greased glass pie plate. Microwave on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Turn plate; microwave for 1-2 minutes or until juices run clear. Let stand 5 minutes.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2014
Very tasty. I used boneless thighs and it was very juicy and tender. I didn't have chicken coating mix so I sub seasoned bread crumbs with seasoning salt added. I baked it til it was over 165F internal temp and didn't microwave it.
Jun 3, 2012
Great! Make sure you don't overcook.
Jan 20, 2012
Great recipe! My family enjoyed it.
Jun 16, 2009
We like Dark Meat so I used thighs instead. It worked great!!