Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, chives, parsley, garlic and pepper. Cut a pocket in each pork chop. Fill with butter mixture; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. Place flour and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip chops in flour, then in egg mixture; coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chops in oil for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat juices run clear.
Oct 5, 2014
Bland. maybe instead of using bread crumbs for the coating, something along the lines of shake and bake might help. Will give that a shot before removing from my recipe box. Just seemed to really lack any flavor for us.
Feb 4, 2012
5 star worthy! Great recipe!
Feb 4, 2012
My mom recommended this recipe, and we are so glad she did - great flavor! We serve it with spaetzel and roasted green beans.
Apr 15, 2011
my husband thought this was the best tasting thing I'd ever made!! a little messy to make but well worth it!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.