This sweet-tart tea from our Test Kitchen has plenty of refreshing pomegranate flavor. Serve warm mugs to holiday guests coming in from the cold. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Days of Christmas Cocktails (and Mocktails!)
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), crushed
- 8 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups water
- 12 individual Raspberry Zinger tea bags
- 1/3 cup honey
- Place ginger and cinnamon sticks on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag. Set aside.
- Place juice and water in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags and spice bag; cover and steep for 8 minutes. Discard tea bags and spice bag; stir in honey. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Merry Christmas Tea in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2011, p77