Friends will appreciate your thoughtfulness every time they sip this tasty tea. Red-hots add a spicy seasonal touch to this easy-to-make gift mix.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
MakesAbout 4-1/4 cups
- 2 cups orange breakfast drink mix
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 envelope (.23 ounce) unsweetened lemonade soft drink mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup red-hot candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- To prepare hot tea: Place 2 teaspoons tea mix in a mug; stir in boiling water until mix is dissolved. Yield: 1 serving.
To prepare hot tea: Place 2 teaspoons tea mix in a mug; stir in boiling water until mix is dissolved. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Russian Tea in Country Woman Christmas 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.