Meat Loaf Wellington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup gravy, bread cubes, onion, egg and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Press into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 1 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a thermometer reads 160°.
- Remove loaf from pan; drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Unroll crescent dough; seal seams and perforations. Cover top and sides of meat loaf with dough; trim excess.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Heat the remaining gravy; serve with meat loaf.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 378 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 823mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 27g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 1, 2019
Instead of chopped onion I use dry Lipton onion soup mix. Adds lots of flavor.
Sep 10, 2014
Meatloaf didn't hold form well, I will add another egg next time, and also was a bit bland
Mar 23, 2014
I wanted to spoof up my regular meatloaf and this recipe gave me the inspiration. I make my own meatloaf recipe since my family prefers the taste of more herbs and spices but the addition of the crescent rolls on top adds that extra touch.
Feb 16, 2014
Wonderful! Since I have become Gluten intolerant, I use GF Bisquick and make my own blanket instead of the crescent rolls and GF bread cubes! Cannot tell the difference! So easy to prepare and yet so elegant!
Dec 19, 2013
I first found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook that I had bought years ago. My entire family loves this recipe. (Husband and six children.) My children are older now and five are still at home and they still all love this meatloaf! We will be having this for dinner tonight but I am using venison in place of ground beef.
Feb 21, 2013
this was a wonderful recipe and a great way to dress up a regular meal! My family loved it!
Dec 20, 2012
Absolutely a great recipe. My family loved it!!! And so easy to make. This is now a regular menu item and is requested frequently by my family.
Nov 6, 2012
(I can't believe this recipe doesn't have dozens of top ratings by now). This is the star of my family's absolute favorite meal. It is so super easy, yet so elegant when served, it looks like you spent hours in the kitchen. Whenever I ask my boys what sounds good for a family dinner, they always ask for Meatloaf Wellington with mashed potatoes and peas. The ultimate comfort food dinner.
Aug 31, 2010
I really liked it changed it alittle but was great.
Nov 28, 2009
My family liked this one but i changed just a little. Used extra lean and reduced fat cresent rolls and used a mushroom gravy instead.