Mayan Chocolate Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 frozen pie shell (9 inches)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Sprinkle chopped pecans and chocolate chips into pastry shell. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, liqueur, pepper and vanilla. Pour into pastry; arrange pecan halves over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 590 calories, 30g fat (8g saturated fat), 87mg cholesterol, 190mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Nov 17, 2015
The pie was good, a little too sweet for my taste. I plan to make it again, but will add less sugar and corn syrup and ramp up the coffee flavor.
Nov 27, 2013
My family loves this pie!
May 8, 2013
Best chocolate pecan pie ever!!
May 4, 2013
This is a crowd favorite during the holidays-everyone loves the dark chocolate flavor with just a little hint of heat! The pie comes together quickly, but its looks and taste fool everyone into thinking you worked all morning in the kitchen. : )
Dec 12, 2012
Honestly-I haven't made this yet but I am this week! The reviews made me excited to try it. I want to have this before the world ends!
Dec 31, 2011
I added 2Tbs of coco powder as recommended, but it was still way too sweet for my family. It set up nicely. but it just did not taste good at all.
Dec 9, 2011
We loved this for Thanksgiving. I added the cocoa powder as recommended and used coffee from the coffee pot for the liqueur as I didn't have this. I may have to add the liqueur next time! It was easy and turned out great!
Nov 27, 2011
The pie had excellent flavor, however, I had a real problem with the filling not setting up. I have been making pecan pies for 20 years and never had a problem.
Nov 25, 2011
Followed the recipe exactly and didn't care for it at all. Tasted like eating big bites of corn syrup. Really poor.
Nov 21, 2011
its a different taste but, a good one
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.