Ultimate Chocolate Chunk Pecan Pie
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 55 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces cold cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate, divided
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 2-1/2 cups pecan halves, toasted
- In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in cream cheese and butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate while making filling.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter and 1 cup chopped chocolate; stir over low heat until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, corn syrup, vanilla and salt until blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. Layer pecans and remaining chopped chocolate in pastry shell; pour chocolate mixture over top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until set. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate 2 hours or until cold.
Editor's NoteTo toast nuts, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
Dec 2, 2019
Made this for Thanksgiving. Very good, but also very sweet. Pecan pie is pretty sweet as it is, so once you add all of this chocolate, it takes it over the top. I would start with a very small slice!
Dec 3, 2015
This pie was perfect ..I did not change a thing . Except for whipped cream on top ??