Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Combine the flour, chili pepper, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Bake until set and lightly browned, 20-25 minutes.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes on each side. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
1 biscotti: 191 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.