Mayan Chocolate Biscotti
Those who enjoy Mexican hot chocolate will love every bite of subtle sweetness and heat in this perked-up biscotti. —Chris Michalowski, Dallas, Texas
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce 53% cacao dark baking chocolate, grated
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in coffee liqueur and vanilla. Combine the flour, chili pepper, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the pecans, chocolate chips and grated chocolate.
- Divide dough in half. On an ungreased baking sheet, shape each half into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 3/4-in. slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 biscotti: 191 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 81mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.