Mexican Chicken Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small onion, diced, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup salsa
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, half of the onion and 6 tablespoons chilies.
- In another bowl, combine the soup, salsa, milk and remaining onion and chilies. Spread 1/2 cup in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Drain manicotti and rinse in cold water; stuff each with about 1/4 cupful chicken mixture. Arrange over sauce in baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 535 calories, 29g fat (17g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 937mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Jun 12, 2016
Very bland. Even put jalapenos in..probably want try again..maybe add ALOT of seasoning ..
May 6, 2016
These were fairly easy to make. The most time consuming part was stuffing the shells. They tasted very good, not very spicy though. I liked them because I like Mexican food and this was something different than your average taco.
Feb 4, 2016
This was easy to make and tastes soooo good!
Jul 19, 2014
Love love love
Sep 21, 2013
This was tasty. I made a mistake and stirred the soup into the chicken mixture, but as I always slit manicotti shells anyway to fill them, I figured the soup in the filling would leak out and mix with the sauce. It pretty much did, but I'd like to make this the "right" way and see if it's that much different. My son isn't a fan of onions......if the onion cooks and is tender , he really doesn't notice, but the onions in this were crunchy. Next time I might sauté them in a teaspoon of butter before adding them to the mix. All in all, it was good, but I think some of the suggestions here might enliven this dish and make it better.
Jul 21, 2013
Make this for family & guest, they loved it! Will be making this again. Tanks!!
Apr 9, 2013
Delicious!!! One of my new favorite dishes!!
Mar 5, 2013
Loved this. I was lazy and didn't want to cook noodles so I used tortillas and made regular chicken enchiladas. This now replaces a previous recipe as my standard chicken enchilada recipe. I did use the suggestion of aeg2t and used salsa verde in the sauce and loved it.
Feb 26, 2013
My husband LOVES this dish and he is very picky. However, I don't bother stuffing the manicotti, I use lasagna sheets instead. I layer the two mixtures as if I was making lasagna. Far less hassle and extremely tasty!
Feb 21, 2013
This received rave reviews from my bunch of men! We even used the same filling in flour tortillas, excellent addition to our recipe box!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.