Mexican-Style Chicken Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, ricotta cheese, olives, parsley, pimientos, green onion, garlic and pepper sauce. Drain manicotti; fill with chicken mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with manicotti shells and remaining salsa.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and bake until cheese is melted and filling is heated through, 5-10 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts2 shells: 352 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 708mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Nov 3, 2019
Followed recipe without any changes. It was not memorable (per husband) or worth making again. So many great chicken enchilada recipes out there that we would make instead.
Jun 15, 2011
I FOLLOWED THIS RECIPE EXACT AND IT WAS AWESOME....AND IT MAKES EXACTLY THE AMOUNT IT SAYS IT WILL MAKE...I MADE IT FOR A GROUP HOME I USED TO WORK IN AND ALL THE CLIENTS LOVED IT AND IVE MADE IT FOR MY FAMILY AND THEY LOVE IT....WILL DEFINATELY MAKE IT AGAIN
Sep 12, 2008
I agree this is an amazing recipe! I followed the directions exactly as stated. Amazing taste for a healthy meal :)
Jun 16, 2008
This dish was sooo good! I made it easier to make by using canned chicken and precooked lasagna noodles and rolling them up as manicotti. My family hardly ever tries new recipes, but this one is a keeper!