Chicken Mexican Manicotti
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Cook manicotti according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the chicken, 1/4 cup salsa, ricotta cheese, olives, parsley, pimientos, green onion, garlic and pepper sauce. Drain manicotti; fill with chicken mixture.
- Spread 1/4 cup salsa in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with manicotti shells and remaining salsa.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 390 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 783mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sep 8, 2016
The chicken ricotta filling is fabulous! My family absolutely loves this recipe. At times when out of manicotti, have substited flour tortillas with great results. Always double the recipe because quickly eaten! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that provide great flavor and flexibility for ingredients.