Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 to 7 pounds fresh turkey parts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, optional
- Salt and pepper, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Place turkey in a large heavy-duty plastic bag; add half of marinade. Close the bag; refrigerate overnight, turning bag occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from turkey; arrange turkey in a single layer in large shallow roasting pan. Pour reserved marinade over turkey. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until tender, basting occasionally if desired. Remove turkey to serving platter and keep warm.
- If desired, make gravy: Strain pan juices into a large measuring cup. Skim fat and reserve 1/4 cup in a medium saucepan; discard remaining fat. Blend flour into saucepan. Add water to pan juices to make 2 cups. Add to saucepan; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with turkey.
Nov 25, 2016
I have made traditional turkey in the past and this was by far the BEST we've ever tasted! Everyone loved it! I used a whole 14 lb store bought turkey, doubled the marinade recipe and cooked it in an oven bag. Couldn't have been easier!
Oct 19, 2012
this will be the 3rd thanksgiving in a row i have made this the first time i made it my family rant and raved and said from now on i do the turkey every year!