Marinated Turkey Thighs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 turkey thighs (3/4 pound each)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, onion, salt, pepper, celery seed, coriander and ginger; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in a greased shallow baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 52g protein.
Jan 24, 2012
I hate to be the first to review and then give a recipe just an average rating, but I just didn't find that marinating the turkey thighs added that much to the flavor of the meat. I marinated for 8 hours, not overnight. It certainly was tender, but the roasting time was a little short for the "fall off the bone" tenderness that we like (or maybe it was the 325 temperature).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.