Marinated Turkey Thighs
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 1-1/2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 turkey thighs (3/4 pound each)
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, onion, salt, pepper, celery seed, coriander and ginger; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place turkey in a greased shallow baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until juices run clear and a thermometer reads 180°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 301 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 595mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 52g protein.
Jan 24, 2012
I hate to be the first to review and then give a recipe just an average rating, but I just didn't find that marinating the turkey thighs added that much to the flavor of the meat. I marinated for 8 hours, not overnight. It certainly was tender, but the roasting time was a little short for the "fall off the bone" tenderness that we like (or maybe it was the 325 temperature).