Makeover Velvet Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook onions and garlic in butter for 1 minute. Stir in seafood seasoning; cook 1 minute longer. Add shrimp; cook for 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Combine flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet, scraping up any browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Return shrimp to the pan and heat through. Drain linguine; top with shrimp mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/4 cups: 388 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 150mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 fat.
Jun 26, 2015
This dish was better than some of the Italian restaurants that we have visited. We absolutely loved it. The 1st time I made it, I used the amount of seafood seasoning required but it was a little too spicy for my daughter. The second time I made it I reduced the amount of seasoning and it was great. If you have a taste for shrimp alfredo without the extra calories, this is the dish.
Apr 14, 2014
All we added was mushrooms and used parmesan cheese instead of mozzarella. Perfect meal!!!
Sep 4, 2012
DELICIOUS, EXCELLENT, FABULOUS! This recipe is so easy and jam packed w/ flavor. The taste buds could not get enough. Will be making this one for many years to come. Thank you.
May 5, 2012
This is an excellent recipe. Family asks for it regularly. I usually add mushrooms. Restaurant quality.
Aug 29, 2011
This is a family favorite! We have made this many times now.
Jun 11, 2010
Quick and delicious!
Apr 28, 2010
I thought this was absolutely heavenly! I did up the garlic to 3 cloves because I'm a garlic lover and I used fat-free half & half and it worked wonderfully. Thanks for an awesome dish!!
Feb 22, 2009
The fat-free version tends to curdle or burn quickly in my experience but I've never tried it in this recipe, could be worth a shot!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.