Macadamia-Coffee Bean Cookies
Nearly anyone who loves coffee will perk up for this java-infused cookie. What hot beverage would you pair these treats with? There’s only one answer! —Kathleen Specht, Clinton, Montana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) double chocolate chunk cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered coffee beans, finely chopped
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the cookie mix, egg, oil and water until blended. Stir in coffee beans and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 148 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Macadamia Espresso Bean Cookies in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012