Lime and Sesame Grilled Eggplant
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant (1-1/4 pounds), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the first 7 ingredients until blended; brush 2 tablespoons juice mixture over both sides of eggplant slices. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Transfer eggplant to a serving plate. Stir honey and pepper flakes into remaining juice mixture; drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 50 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 1, 2015
Fantastic! This recipe is easy to make and very flavorful! Along with the eggplant, I grilled some zucchini. The sesame oil imparts a wonderful taste.
Jul 4, 2015
I'm an eggplant lover and found this excellent. Just enough spice, balanced with a touch of sweetness.