Lime and Sesame Grilled Eggplant
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium eggplant (1-1/4 pounds), cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Thinly sliced green onion and sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended; brush 2 tablespoons juice mixture over both sides of eggplant slices. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Transfer eggplant to a serving plate. Stir honey and pepper flakes into remaining juice mixture; drizzle over eggplant. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 50 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Aug 1, 2015
Fantastic! This recipe is easy to make and very flavorful! Along with the eggplant, I grilled some zucchini. The sesame oil imparts a wonderful taste.
Jul 4, 2015
I'm an eggplant lover and found this excellent. Just enough spice, balanced with a touch of sweetness.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.