Grilled Eggplant with Feta relish
I created this impressive eggplant with feta cheese as a light vegetarian dish for my vegan friends. It’s easy, fast and a standout side dish. —Amanda Dekrey, Fargo, North Dakota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 8 slices eggplant (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh basil or parsley, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and garlic powder until combined. Stir in feta, cucumber, tomato and onion. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
- Brush eggplant with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until tender. Top eggplant with feta mixture. If desired, sprinkle with basil.
Originally published as Grilled Eggplant with Feta relish in Grill It 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.