Light Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice in a 2-cup measuring cup. Set pineapple aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1-1/2 cups; transfer to a saucepan. Whisk in the pudding mix and gelatin until combined. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in pineapple. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries; toss gently to coat. Pour into crust. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Garnish each piece with 1 tablespoon whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 159 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 172mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Jun 28, 2017
This is very similar to a Weight Watchers recipe that I've been making for years--minus the graham cracker crust and pineapple. This is our favorite summer dessert, so I will definitely try it with the pineapple for July 4th. We like it best without the crust and topped with light whipped topping. I've also made it with blueberries, raspberries and blackberries added to the strawberries. To the poster who asked about instant pudding, I have used both kinds and it always turns out well. I may try the cook'n'serve lemon pudding the next time I make it, too.
Jun 27, 2016
I had an "extra servings size" graham crust so I upped the strawberries to 4 cups. I used regular pudding (3 3oz Vanilla Cook N Serve) and regular strawberry Jello. I drained 2 Pineapple Dole Bowls, ran them through the food processor and then drained them again. Perfect. This hit the spot on this hot June day. I will definitely give it a try with other berry/gelatin combinations. Thanks so much to Lou W for sharing the recipe!
Jun 24, 2016
I prepared this pie yesterday and it is delicious. I'm always looking for recipes with low sugar for my husband. I did have a hard time finding cook and serve sugar free vanilla pudding mix but finally found some. It is an easy pie to prepare and absolutely delicious. I highly recommend this pie.Volunteer Field Editor
Jun 1, 2016
Is there something else besides crushed pineapple I can use?
May 15, 2015
Easy to make and perfect dessert to bring to the lake. Was a hit with everyone. Awesome flavor and low calorie is a big plus!
Dec 4, 2012
Easy to make on a hot summer day. Delightful dessert to enjoy at sunset with friends. Everyone loved it.
Oct 21, 2012
This was a good dessert for a family dinner. I used regular pudding and jello since I can't have artificial sweeteners. I tried slicing the strawberries with my egg slicer and two of the wires broke on the first one. I guess maybe the berries were a little too hard, but I won't be trying that again.
Aug 21, 2012
Easy and good. I sliced the strawberies with my egg slicer
Aug 9, 2012
Easy to make with great taste! I made a home made crust, and did use more berries. The pie was a hit with my family. This recipe is a keeper.
Jul 23, 2012
It was real refreshing in our weather with a heat index of 105! Loved it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.