- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, lemon juice and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; stir into egg mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in the blueberries, nuts and lemon zest.
- Transfer to a greased 8x4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews forLemon Blueberry Bread
"So moist and so good!!! Do to my son's severe milk allergies, I used Earth Balance in place of the butter and Rice milk. I also used 3 mini loaf pans and baked for 45 minutes. I did not make the glaze. It did not need any, it was so good without it. It was gone within the first couple of hours."
"Made this today.I could hardly wait for it to cool.Made with white whole wheat flour.Tasted great.Imake all my breakfast breads.this one will be a regular."
"Made this for Easter Brunch and it was loved by all. Many compliments received!"
"So good! To eliminate the bread not releasing from the pan do this: Cut waxed paper to fit the bottom of the pan after you spray the pan bottom to hold the wax paper tightly. Spray the paper after it is in the pan. After baking, run a knife around the sides to release the bread. Turn the pan upside down and the bread will slide out.Peal off the wax paper. Do not spray the sides of the pan to allow the batter to rise and form a nice loaf. I do this for all of my dessert breads. I double this recipe and pour it into 3 - 8"x 4" pans and freeze 2 of the loaves. If making a single recipe I use a 9" x 5" pan. If doubling, I cut the sugar to 1-1/2 cups and I don't add nuts at all. I brush the glaze over the sides and then drizzle the rest of the glaze over the top. Wonderful recipe!"
"SUPER delicious. Will be making it again. Did not use nuts and it was still yummy. Super moist and full of flavor!Wondering if I can use blackberries with this recipe. Anyone tried iother fruits?"
"easy and yummy!!!!"
"The best! Now one of my go-to recipes."
"I am not a baker - this was wonderfully easy. So delicious. Keep these kind coming."
"Perfectly delicious! My family loves it. It is pretty, as well as tasty. I am making it again (third time this season) but leaving out the nuts, as I am making a different kind of bread that really needs nuts and I want people to have a nut-free option."
"This totally fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan after 15 min. of cooling. I had greased the pan, and it did come out, but it came out a total mess. I followed the directions to the letter."