Lazy Man’s Ribs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2-1/2 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- Dash salt
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Rub ribs with Cajun seasoning. Layer ribs and onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, orange juice, vinegar, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, mustard, paprika, garlic powder, liquid smoke if desired and salt. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove ribs and keep warm. Strain cooking juices and skim fat; transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with ribs.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 753 calories, 39g fat (14g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 1335mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
May 19, 2018
My husband loves these ribs! Better than any restaurant! I leave out the liquid smoke.
Jan 10, 2016
Excellent flavor!! The whole family loved these.
Jul 5, 2015
Best recipe I've found for crock pot ribs! The sauce is amazing and though it does require up-front work, the dinner hour is easy. We love to use leftover sauce and ribs to make a BBQ pizza. Just use leftover sauce on top of the crust of your choice. Top sauce with monterey jack cheese, corn, red onion, and ribs. Voila; you get two meals out of this delicious recipe!
Jan 22, 2015
The best recipe I've found for ribs. Used smoked paprika. Everything else was followed in the recipe.
Aug 19, 2014
I did not change anything and the family loved them..... This is a KEEPER.
Aug 12, 2014
Just made these ribs, and let me tell you, these were some of the BEST ribs I have ever eaten! The meat fell off the bone, and the sauce was wonderful. I think I will use the sauce for my pulled pork recipe, in the future. I did not use the liquid smoke. This recipe is a keeper, and I will be making it again, and again! YUM
Aug 3, 2014
I make these ribs all the time. I love how they fall off the bone !!!! I never use liquid smoke. You don't need it !!!!. Delicous recipe and very easy !!!!!!
Jul 27, 2014
Jul 26, 2014
I have been making western cut pork ribs in the slow cooker for at least 20 years - but I dont put a rub or sauce on them - I add a can of chicken broth, black pepper, garlic, 2 bay leaves and 2 huge sliced onions and cook on low for about 6 hours. I take out the ribs, and keep the broth to make French Onion soup with later (freeze it). Then I just use a 3 parts Chinese Sweet and Sour sauce with 1 part Olde Cape Cod BBQ & Grilling Sauce (original) and mix it togher - it tastes a lot like Hog Heaven's BBQ sauce. When youre ready to serve, put the ribs with some sauce on them in the oven on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees for about 10-15 minutes.
Jul 26, 2014
Well, Patrick, I happen to like " fall off the bone tender ribs." Good job. And I must agree with Chefjm about the TBS of bbq sauce.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.