Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) nondairy imitation cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Spoon topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 322 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 13, 2020
I give it five stars for taste texture and how easy it was to make. I used Daiya cream cheese and added more lemon peel because I had it and I love lemon. I only had a 7 1/2" spring form pan which made it too thin. Next time, I will double the recipe, and I definitely will make it again! I found out I had food allergies years ago and had not had cheesecake for a long time. I went to a vegan restaurant with a friend and had a wonderful cheesecake there! I've been looking for a recipe since then. I tried one with chickpeas and soaked cashews but it wasn't cheesecake. This one is like the one I had at the vegan restaurant. I'm thinking mini cheesecakes with this recipe, even cheesecake bars.
May 29, 2013
sounds great but would be better with Stevia and coconut milk cream cheese and also almond flour and coconut oil is much healthier oil.