Lactose-Free Blueberry Cheesecake
Soy cream cheese works wonders in this smooth and creamy cheesecake from the Test Kitchen. This delicious, lactose-free dessert tastes like the real thing.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) non-dairy imitation cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and margarine. Press onto the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Pour over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° until center is almost set, 40-45 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For topping, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water until smooth. Stir in blueberries. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Transfer mixture to a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Cool to room temperature. Spoon topping over cheesecake. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was tested with Tofutti imitation cream cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 322 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.