Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in kiwi and raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 17, 2018
Replaced raisins with 1 chopped, ripe banana and half of milk with plain greek yogurt. Topped with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Very yummy!!
Oct 12, 2015
Just tried this recipe with our overflow of mini kiwis we grew. They are grape size and require no peeling. I cut them in half, omitted the raisins and they turned out great. Only change I might make is to decrease the spices, a bit overpowering for my kiwis, but still delicious.
Jan 21, 2010
They're delish!! My kids really liked them!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.