Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in kiwi and raisins.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 151 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 115mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 29, 2020
I followed the recipe exactly, but I didn’t care for the texture. It was dry and rubbery. I wonder if baking soda was meant to be baking powder? The allspice overwhelmed the kiwi, but this may be a matter of personal preference.
Feb 17, 2018
Replaced raisins with 1 chopped, ripe banana and half of milk with plain greek yogurt. Topped with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Very yummy!!
Oct 12, 2015
Just tried this recipe with our overflow of mini kiwis we grew. They are grape size and require no peeling. I cut them in half, omitted the raisins and they turned out great. Only change I might make is to decrease the spices, a bit overpowering for my kiwis, but still delicious.
Jan 21, 2010
They're delish!! My kids really liked them!!