Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced peeled tangerine
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, butter and milk until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in tangerine and peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 352mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Mar 16, 2018
Jan 11, 2012
Thank you for having your recipe search available. Our tangerine tree has many again this year. I tried the muffins last night. They were wonderful. It did take time to prepare the 1 cup of pieces but was worth it. I did not have yogurrt on hand, used sour creeam instead. I used my stoneware muffin pan greased with solid shortening.
Apr 29, 2011
These were delicious! I didn't have egg substitute, so I just used 1 whole egg. My family loved them!
Mar 27, 2010
We have a tangerine tree that always gives us WAY TOO MANY tangerines. We can never use/eat/finish/give away all of them. This will be a nice thing to make and give with some tangerines and the recipe next season. Can't wait!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.