- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Dash salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg, milk and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in kiwi and raisins. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews forKiwifruit Muffins
"Replaced raisins with 1 chopped, ripe banana and half of milk with plain greek yogurt. Topped with a sprinkling of shredded coconut. Very yummy!!"
"Just tried this recipe with our overflow of mini kiwis we grew. They are grape size and require no peeling. I cut them in half, omitted the raisins and they turned out great. Only change I might make is to decrease the spices, a bit overpowering for my kiwis, but still delicious."
"They're delish!! My kids really liked them!!"