- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 4 green onions, sliced, divided
- Sprinkle chicken with seasonings. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown chicken on both sides, beginning skin side down. Remove from pan, reserving drippings.
- In same pan, saute shallot and garlic in drippings over medium-high heat until tender, 1-2 minutes. Stir in preserves, broth, horseradish sauce and half of the green onions. Add chicken; cook, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 170°-175°, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle with remaining green onions. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forJezebel Chicken Thighs
"We enjoyed this tasty and easy to make recipe. Love the sweet and spicy taste of the sauce. I used 8 thighs, but used the amount of sauce called for in the recipe. I did not use the oil; instead, I browned the thighs in a non-stick skillet. I drained all but 2 tablespoons of the fat instead of using all of it. I also seasoned the thighs and let them sit in the refrigerator before cooking. I used sugar-free apricot jam and freshly made horseradish instead of horseradish sauce to save on the calories. Will make this recipe again."