Grilled Orange Chicken Thighs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small saucepan, combine juice, sugars and salt; bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Cook, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or until mixture reaches a glaze consistency. Remove from heat; stir in mustard and orange zest.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper. On a lightly greased grill rack, grill chicken, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, brushing occasionally with some of the sauce during the last 5 minutes. Serve with remaining sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken thigh with about 1 tablespoon sauce: 277 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 256mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2017
This sauce was amazing! It would be great on pork and shrimp too. YUM!
Sep 15, 2016
We really enjoyed this. It took a few extra minutes for the sauce to reach glaze consistency but it turned out quite well.
Jul 1, 2016
The sauce is too thin. I simmered it for an hour, and finally just thickened with some powdered xanthum gum. After thickening, it was great.We put it over some chicken drumsticks cooked on the grill. A great summertime recipe.
May 26, 2016
My husband could not stop raving about this dish. I cooked the thighs in a skillet, adding the glaze at the end. Luckily I prepared the full glaze recipe. Since I only prepared enough thighs for the two of us and refrigerated the extra glaze, most of the prep will be done when I next serve this meal. I'm pretty certain he would be happy to have it again tomorrow!One tip: after dirtying a couple of extra utensils, I realized that the mustard would clump unless whisked into the hot liquid.
Apr 7, 2016
This recipe was a big hit! The glaze turned out perfectly and with the addition of the Dijon mustard, it wasn't too sweet. I would definitely make this again!