Jeweled Endive Salad
Every Christmas, friends have a huge potluck party. I wanted to bring something unique, so I topped off endive and watercress with jewel-toned pomegranate seeds. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch watercress (4 ounces)
- 2 heads endive, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, endive, pomegranate seeds and shallot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Originally published as Jeweled Endive Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.