Jeweled Endive Salad
Every Christmas, friends have a huge potluck party. I wanted to bring something unique, so I topped off endive and watercress with jewel-toned pomegranate seeds. —Alysha Braun, St. Catharines, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch watercress (4 ounces)
- 2 heads endive, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (about 1 pomegranate)
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine watercress, endive, pomegranate seeds and shallot.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.