Curly Endive Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 cups torn curly endive, Belgian endive and/or escarole
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a salad bowl, toss the endive, onion and olives. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, oregano, mint, salt and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Top with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 172 calories, 15g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 956mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 8, 2010
Very good salad. I used half curly and half Belgian endive. I needed to use a little more oil and vinegar since the fresh herbs seemed to soak up the liquid.
Jan 15, 2008
I love curly endive so I'm always delighted to find a new way to use it. This recipe is deliciously different. It took a couple of times for my husband to get used to its taste, but now he specifically requests it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.